For many many years I have had the "nickname," I guess you could call it, of Cman. Here lately, probably due in part to #10 in my 10 Reasons John Chow Probably Thinks This Blog Is About Him article, I have been getting asked more and more what the C in Cman stands for. Herein lays the focus of this contest. For the person who can guess what the C in Cman stands for I will give them $100. If multiple people guess correctly the winner will be chosen by random drawing from among the correct entries. If no one guesses correctly I will randomly pick from all entries and will award the winner of the losers $20.
1.In the words of Juan Sanchez Villa-Lobos Ramirez, "There can be only One." Winner that is. Either the winning guess or the winner of the losers.
2.Multiple people can guess the same answer. If there are multiple guesses of the correct answer the winner will be chosen at random from these correct guesses. So if you were unclear and would like to switch your guess to one already made feel free to let me know.
The answer to the decades long mystery of the "C" has been sealed in an envelope and placed in the care of a friend of mine, Ted Kosmatka ( The Prophet of Flores ), to be opened on August 15th.
3. Disheartened By Carping Criticism I Feel The Need to Elucidate
1. To enter you will need to write a post linking back to and mentioning this contest and your guess.
2. Leave a comment to this post that includes the url of your entry post.
3. One entry per person but if you really really feel the urge to guess more than once, feel free to write multiple posts (limit 5), each containing a different guess and each linking to a different article on this site. Each additional post other than your first one must be at least 1000 words and full of nothing but praise or, if you are of a sarcastic bent, platitudes for this site.
4. All entries must be received by Update: I have extended the contest until 3:30 P.M Central Time on August 31st. Any entries after this deadline could however receive special recognition in a random conversation with a passerby.
5. If for some odd reason you would like to enter without posting please Donate $20 and put your entry in the item field.
6. The prize will be awarded via paypal only. If you do not have paypal then for
later all and have a profitable and productive blogging day
C “has to stand for Chow” Man
Get more profitable and productive information by subscribing to my newsletter! or clicking the links below to subscribe to my feed, bookmark my site, or add me to your favorites.